Sell-SMaRT™ Training Program - On Demand
NEW UPDATED TRAINING IS NOW AVAILABLESTART ENROLLMENT FOR ON DEMAND TRAINING
5 Reasons to Get Your Sell-SMaRTTM Certificate
- Become an invaluable asset to your business.
- Know how to operate a compliant cannabis licensed operation.
- Provide better service and support to your customers.
- Possess the confidence and skills to handle challenging situations.
- Avoid making costly mistakes that could shut down your business.
Get Trained to Work Safely & Compliantly in the Cannabis Industry
Working with cannabis has many risks, including breaking the law and even getting the business shut down. Failure to act responsibly and proactively could result in hefty fines, imprisonment, suspension of your license, increased insurance costs, and even losing the business for good. In fact, compliance issues and mistakes are the number one reason cannabis businesses are fined, lose their license, and get shut down.
The Sell-SMaRT™ Responsible Vendor Program protects you and your operation from these risks by teaching you and your team how to to safely and compliantly sell cannabis to patients and customers, plus how to handle the complex situations that arise in a cannabis operation.
Designed for cannabis agents, owners, managers, frontline dispensary staff, regulators, and people looking to enter the cannabis industry, this comprehensive Responsible Vendor Program will inspire you to know the rules and move the industry forward with integrity, professionalism and compliance.
What's Included: five online sections comprised of engaging videos and written materials, worksheets, knowledge checks at the end of every module to assess your learning, printable summary documents for easy reference, and your official Sell-SMaRT™ certificate of completion (once you pass the exam).
Time Commitment: 4+ hours of online learning & study.
Passing Score: A grade of 70% on the exam is required to pass.
Exam Details: The Sell-SMaRT™ exam is a comprehensive multiple-choice test, administered online. Enrollment allows two attempts to achieve a passing score. You have 30 days from purchase complete the course and ace the final exam. This is a closed book exam.
Once You Pass: You will receive your own official Sell-SMaRT™ certificate to proudly hang on your wall and use for credibility and trust in the industry.
The Legal Information
After completing this section, you know:
- The different license types in cannabis and how to maintain good standing.
- The rules and regulations of a cannabis business to ensure you’re always in compliance.
- What products you may sell and common cannabis product restrictions.
- The different agencies that regulate cannabis and how to pass compliance checks.
- What happens if you violate the regulations and the risks for you and your employer.
Safety & Security
- What security requirements are needed to operate a legal cannabis business.
- What’s required for seed-to-sale tracking in order to ensure your operating in compliance.
- How to ensure your licensed premises is safe and secure for employees, patients and customers.
- How to properly dispose of waste and other cannabis products in a safe and compliant way.
- The details for safe, compliant delivery.
- How to ensure that every patient and customer provides proper identification to purchase cannabis legally.
- When and how to properly check-in a consumer according to the regulations.
- How to easily identify fraudulent or borrowed IDs.
- The very negative repercussions of not checking IDs properly.
Handling Tricky Situations
- How to handle potentially illegal activities on your premises.
- How to deal with intoxicated/ impaired customers safely and effectively.
- How to politely decline customers that may attempt to break the laws.
- How to properly document incidents in a way that protects you and your establishment.
Educating Customers to Ensure a Positive Cannabis Experience
- How to speak about the Endocannabinoid system.
- How to deal with people who ask specific medical questions (hint: Don't Play Doctor).
- A high-level overview of how each product type impacts people uniquely.
- Best practices to help customers find cannabis products that are right for them.
- How to coach people to not over-indulge or have an undesirable experience with cannabis products.
Founder & Chief Facilitator, Cannabis Trainers
An acclaimed facilitator, speaker and coach with decades of experience, Maureen McNamara has been involved with cannabis compliance training since 2014 and facilitated hundreds of compliance workshops. Cannabis Trainers has issued over 10,000 Sell-SMaRT certificates to participants, from entry-level employees to upper management.
She created and developed the nation’s first regulatory and state health department approved Responsible Vendor Program - Sell-SMaRT™ - offering training and certification programs for cannabis industry professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
Clients benefit from Maureen’s ability to deliver highly interactive and compelling presentations with creativity, enthusiasm and humor. Each participant is actively involved in their learning process to ensure the skills taught are understood, remembered and used.
Our Admissions team is here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The On Demand Sell-SMaRT™ Responsible Vendor Program is 100% online and can be taken from (and is applicable to) anywhere in the world. Enrollment includes a comprehensive 5-module online training led by Maureen McNamara, and online exam which you must pass with a score of 75% or greater to receive your certificate of completion. We also lead live, facilitator instructed courses across the country.
This cannabis training program prepares employees, agents, consultants, owners, managers, and staff to operate in compliance with the regulations, effectively handle complex situations, plus the essential cannabis knowledge that will ensure your patients and customers have an optimal retail experience.
Between watching the video content, reading the written material, exploring your local rules, taking the short quizzes, and studying for the exam, it will likely take you 4-5 hours to complete the course. You can start and stop as needed. You'll want to complete the course within 30-days of starting.
Cannabis business owners, managers, investors, agents, consultants, and job seekers looking to enter the cannabis industry, get hired by a cannabis company, or current employees seeking to contribute more deeply to their organization will get tremendous benefits from this in depth compliance training.
Absolutely! We love inspiring teams. We ALL have to be compliant to move the industry forward positively. Contact us here for group discounts!
An acclaimed facilitator, speaker and coach with 25+ years of experience, Maureen McNamara. Maureen is the Founder and Chief Facilitator of Cannabis Trainers and has been leading cannabis compliance training since 2014 and facilitated hundreds of compliance workshops to over 8,000 diverse participants, from entry-level employees to upper management. She created and developed the nation’s first regulatory and state health department approved Responsible Vendor Program for cannabis - Sell-SMaRT™ - offering training programs for cannabis industry professionals worldwide. Maureen has been leading compliance focused courses since the 1900's and with decades of experience has been thrilled to bring her expertise to the cannabis industry.
Because compliance is essential for operating a legal retail business in cannabis… and we make it enjoyable. One false move or mistake could cost you everything, so let’s avoid that. Regulators, law enforcement and the community love to see that you are committed to excellence. Achieving a Sell-SMaRT™ certificate will demonstrate that you are knowledgeable, skilled, and credible about selling cannabis compliantly.
Immediately after purchase. Let's jump right in! You’ll have 30 days to complete the course and then pass the exam to get your certificate of completion. This is a self-paced program and you may go through it as fast or slow as you like, although we do provide guidance and support throughout to help you succeed.
You will have two chances to pass the final exam with enrollment. Retakes are $67 after that. You must achieve a 70% passing score to receive your Sell-SMaRT™ certificate of completion.
The Sell-SMaRT™ Responsible Vendor Program is a State Regulatory and State Health Department approved course. We produce trusted cannabis education led and validated by the world’s top experts, and our certificates are utilized by companies, associations, nonprofits, and governments around the world.
Cannabis Trainers™ has received authorization for the Sell-SMaRT™ course to be an approved Responsible Vendor Program in multiple states. The content covers the necessary details in jurisdictions where training is mandatory/ required.
We have a LOT of great materials to share with you. Nothing will be mailed. The support materials are available for you to download, print, and use at your convenience.
Absolutely! You can review any and all materials as many times as you'd like before the final exam. Please note that once you begin the exam, it’s closed-book. And once you complete the exam, the course is complete.
The individual training is a $127 investment. And you can purchase seats for a team for as low as $57.
If you have an organization and are providing training to a group of people we are happy to offer a live demonstration of our team training online learning platform.
The Sell-SMaRT ™ RVT is powered by our tech partner, Learn Brands online learning platform. Matt Martinez is our terrific customer support lead and is available to schedule a run through of the team platform and answer any of your questions.
Click Here - to visit Matt's calendar and schedule a demo.
Sell-SMaRT™ Training Program - On Demand
Powered by Learn Brands online learning platform.START ENROLLMENT FOR TRAINING