We’re donating 5% of our gross revenue from our Sell-SMaRT courses this summer to The Last Prisoner Project.
Join a Sell-SMaRT class to learn about compliance and know that a portion of class fees are going to help right the wrongs of the “War on Drugs.”
● There are over 40,000 cannabis prisoners in the US alone. Imagine being incarcerated for months, years or even decades for doing something that is no longer a crime in many states while thousands of others are profiting from the same thing.
● Despite marijuana law reforms, there are still more arrests for cannabis possession a year than for all violent crimes combined, and marijuana arrests INCREASED again in 2018.
● Communities of color are subject to disproportionate marijuana enforcement practices.
● Many affected individuals lack the knowledge or financial resources to seek relief through clemency and/or expungement.
Those of us who have the privilege to sell and consume cannabis freely have an opportunity to make sure that every single cannabis prisoner is released and supported through the process of rebuilding their lives by providing support for clemency and reentry programs.
WHAT LAST PRISONER PROJECT IS DOING
Last Prisoner Project is a new advocacy organization with a singular goal — to bring about the day when the last cannabis prisoner on the planet is released and welcomed home.
They are focusing their efforts on:
● Clemency: working to release individuals incarcerated for victimless marijuana crimes by working with state governors to create an expedited process for identifying eligible cannabis offenders and expediently processing their clemency petitions and providing the necessary legal resources for eligible individuals;
● Re-entry: provide educational and vocational training and resources to help those released to rebuild their lives and be supported by their communities;
● Advocacy: LPP is seizing on the current momentum surrounding criminal justice reform to promote legislation that ensures that all cannabis prisoners walk free, as well as supporting resentencing and retrial efforts for the most egregious cannabis sentences.
● COVID-19 Relief Efforts: LPP has been submitting applications for emergency release for cannabis prisoners and raising funds for legal aid & commissary funds for prisoners.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
○ TEXT “FREEDOM” TO 24365 TO DONATE
● FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA
○ @LASTPRISONER PROJECT (REPOST to educated your network and create more awareness)
● LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW YOU CAN HELP WITH THEIR COVID-19 RELIEF EFFORTS