Show me your compliance!
Discussing compliance isn’t always sexy. However, it is a foundational component to operating a successful business in any industry- especially in the cannabis industry.
The risks of not getting it right are high. Violations may result in fines, license suspension or revocation. In addition, this may lead to; loss of safe access for patients, loss of product, losing jobs, loss of investment, and giving our opponents reason to reinstate prohibition.
We must get this right. This week, we’re inviting you to take a look at your business and find three areas you could strengthen in the world of compliance.
Need some inspiration? Check out some ideas below, to get the wheels rolling and share your ideas too!
Let’s Rock the Compliance Game!
- Grab your Standard Operating Procedures… look at them with your compliance glasses on and give them an update.
- Make sure you and your key players are on the mailing list for your local enforcement agencies to stay up to date on regulations and changes.
- Do you have a compliance manager? If not, is there someone on your team who could step into that role part time for now?
- Is your commitment to compliance reflected in your values and mission?
- Take a look at your orientation and onboarding materials. Are they representing your high standards appropriately?
- Put together a compliance quiz for your team to ensure their knowledge is current.
- Get involved with helping to shape and update regulations in your city/ state.
- Is “commitment to compliance” part of your employee review process?
- Consider working compliance updates into your employee communications and staff meetings.
- Praise coach your employees when you catch them going above and beyond in the compliance game.
We would love to hear from YOU. Join us in the comments below and let us know how your team keeps compliance top of mind.